
Today is my big sister Rebecca's birthday. Thanks to her I can still name all the members of Duran Duran and the other member of WHAM!. Also because of her, the movie "Night of the Lepus" (about killer bunnies invading the town of Ajo Arizona but at the last minute they save the town by sending an electric charge through the railroad tracks and killing the bunnies) makes me feel warm and fuzzy instead of creeped out and disgusted like it should. I think we were both home sick one day and found it on TV and couldn't stop watching it like you can't help but watch a train wreck (I guess - I've never seen a train wreck - it's just an expression).
Anyway, some of you don't know Rebecca so in honor of her birthday here are some fun facts:
- She was the first one in our family to get SCUBA certified
- If memory serves, she rappelled aussie style down the stadium wall at SMSU (now MSU). If memory doesn't serve, then it's still a cool story.
- She makes the best Mini Beef Wellington, Tandoori Chicken and we love her potatoes so much that they have affectionately been named "Rebecca Potatoes"
- She is the only person I know that plays the harp.
- At one point she spoke (I don't know how fluently) German, French, Spanish and of course English. Did I miss any?
- She won lots of awards in highschool for her dramatic interpretation of Sophie's Choice.
- She has met Alan Greenspan - or at least been in the same room as him.
- She is spoiled rotten by her husband Andrew but at least for today she deserves it.
4 comments:
Thank you, Karen! I had a great birthday and Andrew did indeed spoil me. My coworkers told me they thought I was much younger than I am, so it was a very happy day. ;-)
Karen, thanks for loving my daughter. Hey, where did that BEAUTIFUL cake come from? Love, Mom
I made the cake to celebrate Rebecca's birthday and my almost half-birthday. No just kidding, I just found a picture of a cake on the internet.
She also makes the best carnitas. I need that recipe.
Post a Comment