Friday, December 23, 2011

A Christmas Miracle


This morning the Little Mister ran into our room (as he does every morning) and exclaimed "guys, guys, I solved the problem!"  "What problem?", we asked.  No answer, he just climbed into bed (also like he does every morning) and after jabbering away for a few minutes said:

"I stayed in my bed all night until the sun came up!" 

And he did.  We say a prayer for this every night.  And today, this little guy who has been waking me up around 5:30 am since before he was even born, FINALLY slept past 7am.  A true Christmas miracle. 

I have no high hopes that it will continue.  I don't imagine the problem is actually "solved" and that tomorrow and every morning after that until he is 10 years old he will continue to wake up at 6am or earlier, but today I'm enjoying the miracle.

* Disclaimer - he actually has slept past 7am a few times in his life, but it is RARE.  Like, I could probably count on my fingers how many times.  Once in the last year or so he actually slept until after 8am.  I was so worried that I had to go in and check on him.

2 comments:

Julie said...

US TOO!!! Granted, ours stayed up later than usual last night, but whatever...at 7:00 Paul rolled over and said "It's 7:00...do they usually sleep this late?" Maybe Santa DOES bring gifts to adults too! (I have no hopes that it'll happen two nights in a row, but sometimes ya just gotta take what you can get.)

Kim said...

We take what we can get, right? Yay for Animal Rescuer Aidan! :) I pray he can keep solving that problem ;)

(also, anytime my kids sleep past 7:30 I start to think they are sick or something!heehee!)