Thursday, February 9, 2012
Little Mister takes a sick day...
I know as a mother I am supposed to hate it when my children get sick. And I do. Except, The Little Mister never ACTS sick. Well, maybe an hour or two here and there. And maybe for 20 minutes or so before or after he pukes - which is rare. But typically, no matter what, he is FULL of energy. And it's tough to explain to a three year old that we need to stay home because he is sick when he doesn't realize that he actually IS sick. Until today. Today he had a fever. No other symptoms - at least not today, and if asked he would say he felt perfectly fine. Nothing hurt. He didn't feel sick. He even said he was happy. But for the first time since he has been able propel himself in any direction on his own, he was perfectly content to sit on the couch in his jammies and watch TV. Mostly he wanted to sit on my lap, and I was perfectly content to oblige. It would have been pure bliss except for the part where Baby Sister also needed my attention and I had to keep getting up to take care of her. But, even so, she was mostly happy to be able to play with all the toys without having them taken from her only to be told how she SHOULD be playing with them. This may be the closest thing I will ever get to a sick day. So, even though I'm sad my baby is sick (even if he doesn't know it) I'm going to appreciate the calmness of today. Almost no fighting, and lots of snuggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awwww.
Post a Comment