Monday, August 6, 2012

Two!


Baby Sister had a pool party this year for her birthday. Even though a couple of her friends were sick and couldn't make it, we still had a good time. Her party was much simpler. No handmade gifts for the guests, or games, but come on now, I've got two birthdays in six days people!

She definitely knows what a party is but I don't think she completely understood that it was her birthday or even what a birthday is. Her face just lit up though when we sang her Happy Birthday and she was more than excited to open her presents.

We are so lucky to have such good friends to celebrate with!




Some thoughts on being two:

"What's the best thing about birthdays?"
Answer:  "Cake!"  (I couldn't agree more)

"How old are you now?"
Answer:  "Two weeks!"  (almost right)

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Answer:  "Astronaut.  And maybe, I'll see you on the mooooon."

And that's about all I got out of her before she became distracted.

And now some of my thoughts:

It's true that Baby Sister is clingy.  She loves me more than anything,except maybe fruit snacks, and hates if there is a closed door or gate between us.  She likes to sit on my lap while I do almost everything and DOES NOT like me to hold other kids.  She is more shy than her big brother but she is so cute and just so sweet.  Her smile and her laugh can turn around even the worst day.

Some of the cute (and not so cute) things she says and does:

"Great job!"

"Awoven" (eleven)

"No sir, no sir!"

"Bad baby!" (she learned this from her brother who learned it from his Dad - telling the dogs they were bad)

"I'm going to go to a time-out".  And she does.  She will actually put herself in timeout.


She also likes to ask for permission to do things.  So all day long I hear "Mom, can I run/take off my pants/open this cabinet/pull everything out and make a huge mess and you can clean it up?"  Ok, so she doesn't actually say the last one but I know that's what she's thinking.

She will interrupt the song I am a Child of God to specifically request that you sing the "walk beside me" part.

She will say the prayer now, with help, but she does add her own parts as well.  She whispers most of it so softly you can hardly hear it until the end where she yells "amen" and throws up her arms.

In the cutest, sweetest voice you've ever heard she says "Mom, do you want to put me to bed?" 

She adds an "y" to several words...juicy, coldy, hotty, bibby, snacksy.  And sometimes she adds and "ing".  So, instead of saying "it's getting dark", she says "it's darking".  It's actually quite effcient.

And when she is really sad she says, "I want to cuddle".  Who could say no to that?

No comments: