Cousins are reunited. They roll down the hill in front of Grandma's house to pass the time :)
There is the coolest farm in Kansas City and it's free! We paid extra to do some of the activities like pony rides and feeding the goats but it was so much fun for the kids. This is where the Mister discovered his love for gem mining. He has requested to do it three or four more times since.
We were invited to Brad's former college roommate's house for dinner. He married a girl that Brad had known growing up and Tony and his wife subsequently moved back to Kansas City. I met Tony the same summer I met Brad. They were both up in Seattle painting houses for the summer. The last time we all saw each other was probably at a BYU game and we were all childless. Now we spend a lot more time running interference and keeping our kids from beating up other people's kids. We were pretty successful except for one baseball bat to the head. The Mister says it was on accident. I didn't see the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure he is telling the truth.
Of course there was some time for swimming in the back yard. Even Grandma got in one time!




No comments:
Post a Comment