Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009


It started out like this.

The middle looked something like this.

And we finished it off like this.

Overall, our first beach trip and second camping trip with baby was successful.   And although both Brad and I managed to get slightly sunburned (the worst kind of sunburn where you miss a patch of skin while applying sunscreen and look and feel ridiculous the next day) we managed to keep baby sunburn free!

2 comments:

mary lynne said...

Looks like a great holiday. Was the water pretty cold? Did you sleep in a tent on the beach? Our Memorial Day was rainy but Saturday I went to the square for the big sesquicentennial celebration of Christian County. They had a little parade and some booths and lots of food. Mostly it was about the 150 year history. I learned that one of the original mines was called the Burkhart mine. Interesting.

Karen said...

No, Mom, I'm telling you the beaches here are so much better than CA, the water was pretty warm (although I didn't get all the way in but Brad did). We didn't stay right on the beach. We were in one of those resort-type campgrounds with a pool, playground, store, ice-cream shop, etc. It's not like real camping - way to crowded - but the amenities are nice.