Saturday, March 12, 2011

7 months


At seven months, Baby Sister is moving all over. She doesn't crawl yet, but with a combination of rolling, pivoting and scooting on her belly she gets anywhere she wants to go. Luckily for me she seems much more content than her big brother did to just explore the living room, rather than say...the toilet.

She's learning to feed herself. In fact, if I put puffs or bits of crackers on her tray she prefers to eat that rather than what I am spoon feeding her.

She loves bath time and splashing in the water (unless it gets in her eyes).

She sleeps about 12 hours a night. Sometimes she wakes up after about 10 hours to eat but then goes back to sleep. And lately, she almost always wakes up sometime between 11pm and 2am and cries for about two minutes, goes to sleep, then repeats after about 10 minutes. Then she's good for the rest of the night. I'm so lucky to have a good sleeper this time!

She seems much more interested in toys than the Little Mister was at this age and can entertain herself for quite awhile in her crib with a few toys. I think her favorite part of the day is when she wakes up from her afternoon nap, before her brother wakes up, when she gets full reign of all the toys.

She makes the cutest happy sounds I've ever heard.

She can say ba ba ba.

I think she literally hugs me when I pick her up in the morning and gets so excited her little body just jerks and shakes. And at night when I put her to bed she is so tired that her little head just gets so floppy and she just cuddles against my shoulder.

She loves her dad and smiles every time she sees him, but if I'm being honest, I think she likes big brother most of all!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awww, she's so sweet. I love that you're blogging more lately:-).

mary lynne said...

We're so proud of Aidan's little sister. She's wonderful and adorable. We sure wish we could come see her every month or so!

Karen said...

Julie- well, you know, I've got to keep up with the Rogers.

Mom- what's stopping you?