Monday, June 24, 2013

May

Our beach vacation...it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  The first weekend of May we went to Edisto Island.  Our idea was to go early in the season before the crowds (although I don't think it is ever really crowded there) and the summer prices on beach condos.  We knew the weather might not be perfect but that area is known for its sea shells so we figured we could still have fun playing on the beach even if it wasn't swimming weather.  We arrived on Friday night just in time to settle in and have dinner.  On Saturday morning we woke up and it was a little rainy and very, very windy.  Also the surf was very rough. I think it was the tail end of some hurricane that I have now forgotten about.  We still went for a walk on the beach and found a spot near a cement wall where we could be protected from the wind and the sand flying into our eyes.  We weren't the only crazy one's out there.  The first day and a half was pretty windy and rainy and we tried to busy ourselves with as many rainy day activities as we could find on the tiny island.  For about an hour an a half the power was out in our condo, so that was super great :)


On day two it cleared up and we spent a beautiful evening on the beach.  Our last day there was perfect beach weather - of course, that's how it always happens for us.  We spent several hours soaking it all in and then headed home.  Both kids fell asleep on the way home.  It was a glorious and peaceful drive.

 


The Mister had a Mother's Day program at school and he graduated from pre-school.  They put on such a cute program.  His teacher's were amazing this year and I am really going to miss this school.  They put together a book for us of his work throughout the year and some pictures, plus they made a hand-print painting for us.  I just love them and am so happy he had this experience.  He is so excited to go to kindergarten, or as he calls it "five year old school".

 
 
On Memorial Day Brad took the Mister to see a movie and Baby Sister and I spent the afternoon playing in the sprinklers.  It was a perfect way to kick-off summer!
 



1 comment:

Julie said...

Beach vacations are hit and miss! I'm glad you got at least 1 nice day :)