A couple of days before the Mister's first day of school EVER (except for preschool) he came down with a fever. He said he didn't feel sick but he sat on the couch all day and didn't eat much so I knew he was sick. Plus, well, the thermometer doesn't lie. I prayed and prayed that his fever would break in time that he could go to school, but it didn't. So, the night before I had to e-mail his teacher and tell her he wouldn't be there and break the news to him that I thought he needed to stay home for one more day. His fever broke over night. He woke up the next morning and promptly threw-up (probably from not eating anything but popsicles for 36 hours) and then was fine the rest of the day. I tried to pull-off some sort of half baked homeschool scenario, but mostly we spent the day cuddling and playing and I was happy to have my baby all to myself for one last day. He grew up way too fast.
The next day, the real second day of school, but his first day, we met our neighbors in front of the school like we were supposed to on the real first day and then the whole family walked him to class carrying all kinds of school supplies that everyone else had already brought because they didn't miss the first day. And we even made him pose for first day of school pictures. It was only a little awkward but his teachers were nice and very understanding, and we tried to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Growing up way too fast. I hope he still loves school.
Post a Comment