Monday, January 13, 2014

Camping and Apple Picking

Before it got too cold and all the good apples got picked, we decided to head up to North Carolina for a weekend to camp.  We found a cute place that had a lot of amenities...game room, zip line, and a lake for boating, fishing, and swimming.  It even had a water slide!  It was an almost perfect weekend except that 1) it rained really hard right after we got to the lake to go swimming and 2) the lake was brown with a lot of moss and I had just read several news articles about brain eating amoeba.  Needless to say, I declined to get in the water but I still let the kids get in.  I'm not sure what that says about my mothering....









On our way home we stopped at Sky Top Orchard for apple picking.  It turned out to be a perfect day.  Warm, but not too hot and there were plenty of apples to be picked.  We missed out favorites, honey crisp, but still got some good apples.  After the picking we went on a hay ride and the kids played at the play ground.  It's a super cute place and I love it, except it is usually so crowded that I am miserable.  We really lucked out this time.













Gosh I love my family! They are just so cute!

1 comment:

mary lynne said...

You are building such happy memories with these cute kids. How lucky they are to have been born to you and Brad. Oh, yeah, and you're lucky to have them!