Height: 27 inches (87%)
Weight: 15 lbs. 15 ounces (46%)
She is still such a happy, playful, baby. I get comments all the time about how good she is. And really, she is. She mostly only cries when she is hungry or tired and it's pretty easy to predict when those times will be, so if she does cry it's because I'm pushing the limits of her patience. Recently I took her on a trip to California for my Grandmother's funeral (another post). She did GREAT on the plane. A couple of people even commented that they didn't even know there was a baby on the plane.
Except for a few weeks (ok, maybe like six) she usually sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes two one to two hour naps with a really quick third catnap in the evenings. And the waking up at night I think was really my fault. At first, I don't think she was really waking up but I would hear her rustling around and would automatically go in and pick her up. Honestly, I don't make great long-term decisions at 2am and I also love to cuddle my babies, even in the middle of the night sometimes. After 6 weeks though, it gets old. Luckily she got back to her old routine pretty quickly.
We introduced solid foods last month and this girl LOVES to eat. Feeding time is nothing like what you might picture where the mom is pretending the spoon is an airplane trying to get the baby to open their mouth. Our feeding times go something like this...I load up with a heaping spoonful of cereal, fruits, veggies, whatever. Then she either grabs my hand and pulls the spoon towards her mouth or lunges forward for it. If I am trying to eat my own food during this time and the spoonfuls aren't coming fast enough, she will fuss in between until she has had her fill.
She has become much more interested in toys or other objects recently and really loves exploring and checking things out.
I love that when I am nursing her or just holding her she will just stare up at me and touch my face (ok, sometimes she pinches my face or pulls my hair, but still, it's sweet).
2 comments:
Y'all make such stinkin' cute kids.
Thanks Julie. So do you guys!
Post a Comment