When Brad and I first got married I realized the dirty clothes hamper filled up more than twice as fast as when I was by myself. I attributed this to the fact that his clothes were just bigger - and took up more space. But how can two tiny people create SO MUCH laundry?
If, per-chance, I ever do get ALL the laundry done anytime in the next decade, it is probably because I have been neglecting the dishes. And this is why I think I will insist that my kids go to college out of state (out of region actually), so they can't come home on the weekends and bring their laundry.
2 comments:
Oh sister, I hear ya. Try having 5 (almost 6!!) people in the house. I have decided I will NEVER be caught up on laundry. And...I am counting down the days until they are old enough to do their OWN! My sisters tell me that it really does happen. Someday.... ;)
Now I understand why we had so few clothes when I was growing up. Imagine washing with a wringer washer once a week and hanging everything out to dry. Then ironing all day Tuesday and mending those few clothes all day Wednesday. I only had one Sunday dress and 5 school dresses. I had one pair of play pants--long. And one pair of shorts. Of course, the fact that our closets were tiny and bank account even smaller would account for more reasons to own few clothes. Your kids are well dressed and very clean. You're doing good work!
Post a Comment