A few memories I want to capture of this age:
Lately he's been playing pretend. We go on adventures to the Gooey Geyser and the Muddy Volcano - luckily Tico the squirrel gave us a ride in his car and we remembered to fasten our seat belts. When we got out of the car the Little Mister would tell Tico "gracias" and Tico would reply "grenada" :) Sometimes the adventures are more tame...the the grocery store to get "broccoli, lettuce, and cheese" or on picnics. Picnics are his favorite.
While he doesn't have any imaginary friends yet (unless you count actual cartoon characters that he sometimes pretends to play with), he does on occasion, have pretend toys. One of the most common is his red yoyo that he carries around with him in his pocket. We really should keep this pretend toy thing going - we could save a FORTUNE on toys!
He says giant words like "spectacular", "echolocation", and "brachiosaurus". And he tells me that I'm clever.
He loves to build things and take them apart. He loves legos and puzzles but most recently his favorite is building forts and rocket ships out of pillows and couch cushions. (Incidentally Brad commented today that this was his least favorite thing).
Last week I went to check on him in his Nursery class at church. He and his buddy, Benjamin, were standing in front of the toy cabinet full of toys. Benjamin was holding a toy truck and as I peeked in I saw Mister take the toy from Benjamin. I opened the door and told him in my most stern Mom voice that he needed to give the toy back and pick out a new one. He did give the toy back...and then walked right over to Brooke and took her toy, right in front of her Dad, no less! I wish I could say that was the worst thing he did in Nursery class that day :(
He's really quite athletic. I guess I don't know what to expect at this age but I have been impressed with his ability to hit, throw, catch, and swim.
He loves to sing (real songs or made up), read stories, and has an incredible memory. He can remember minute details of things from months ago. I wish I could write down some examples, but I can't remember!
We've been practicing what sounds each of the letters make. When I asked him what sound "B" makes, his response was "buzzzzz". I should not have been surprised then when I asked him at a later date what sound "P" makes.
He thinks his Dad works on a spaceship and I'm not inclined to correct him anytime soon.
He loves his Baby Sister fiercely...and I do mean fiercely.
He reminds me all the time that he's not a baby, he's a boy, but he will always be my baby.
3-year stats:
Height: 37 inches
Weight: 30 lbs
1 comment:
Aidan's right. You are clever--clever to capture all of this cuteness!
Post a Comment