Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I love...


I love your smile.   And even more, your laugh.

I love your soft skin, your wispy hair, and that you have my brown eyes.

I love that you made up your own sign for hat - covering your ears with your hands - and when a hat isn't available, you will wear just about anything on your head.  (Won't she make a beautiful bride some day :)


I love that you grab my finger so that I can help you walk around.  And we go where you want...you don't let me lead the way.

I love listening to you talk or sing yourself to sleep, and when you wake up with happy squeals.

I love how you greet your Daddy when he gets home from work by crawling over to him and throwing your arms up in the air for him to pick you up.

I love watching you  play with your brother, and that you usually don't mind if it means you get roughed up a little. And for the record, I think you hold your own just fine.

I love that even though you have very few words, you make your opinions known VERY clearly.

But most of all, I love that you are mine forever.


*******************
One year stats:

Height:  30 inches

Weight:  20 lbs 5 oz

Teeth:  5

Words:  Mama, Dadda, dog or doggy (I think), wuff wuff wuff, and juice

Signs:  more, all done, eat (sometimes), and hat

Walking?????  As of her birthday, not really.  She took her first step on July 12 and would take one or two here or there.  But, as of the date of this post she has been walking more and more - about 50/50 walking vs. crawling today.

2 comments:

mary lynne said...

I love this blog! Try to get lots of video of her learning to walk. Your dad and I love watching our grandkids' milestones!

Julie said...

Awww:-) Sweetest blog post ever. I love that cute girl!